Monday, March 2, 2009

Jokicide happened

The new coinage “jokicide1” will be explained with said example:
Pom’s status message on gtalk read – Want to have coffee with P. So bored me responds saying “what are you a modern coffee loving version of Morarji Desai?2” he doesn’t get it. He says, why and how come. I say coffee with P(ee) it seems. Pom is still confused by the reference- he continues to ask but why Morarji Desai? I lose my cool and say P as in pee- PEE IN YOUR COFFEE- now do you get it? He doesn’t so I just put up an emoticon and say damn you – you killed my joke. He goes on to explain P is woman still being clueless about the said reference. I lose it and just then brutal Jokicide happened. Sigh.
Jakaal 3 is a mass grave for many such jokes. They were killed by being brutally torn apart bit by bit when they were not gotten by the receiver and had to be explained. What to do? ‘Tis sad indeed.

1. Jokicide- the killing of a joke.
2. Morarji Desai as legend has it would drink his own urine
3. What we affectionately call the workplace.

No comments: